DE Tickets

Monday, November 8, 2010

What is the procedure for Name correction in flight ticket from Airlines?

Can anyone suggest how to get the name corrected on my flight ticket without any charges. I just have to add one word along with my first name as per the passport and when i called the Airways they are saying that name changes are not possible. You have to cancell and then do the rebooking that is costing me more. Since the travel agent is charging me for the cancellation fee. can some one suggest how to proceed..



Answer 1 :
If any part of the name on the ticket has your name on the passport you will be okay....
I had to have a notary say I am the same person as the name on my I.D when I came to California...because I go by my second name

It would be cheaper to have your signature notarized on a letter saying that, than pay change fees on a airline ticket.



Answer 2 :
Airlines will not allow a complete name change, but minor corrections are normally allowed. Call the airline again. If the agent refuses, politely but firmly ask to speak to a supervisor.

I formerly worked for a travel website and we did this many times for customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

IT Tickets

AU Tickets

UK Tickets

EU Tickets

JP Tickets

ES Tickets

BR Tickets