DE Tickets

Friday, October 15, 2010

If I don't have a return flight ticket, is it a problem at the airport?

I am a Korean citizen who is about to visit Canada for tourism. Korean citizens are allowed to stay in Canada for up to three months without a visa. But my flight ticket is one-way. At the airport, will the securities ask me why I don't have a return flight ticket? Can I just answer them that I will purchase them later?



Answer 1 :
I flew up to visit my father who was in the hospital, and returned with my husband, who drove up later. I had a one-way ticket, and was screened very thoroughly - pat down, metal hand wand, and hand search of all carry on bags. Another time I flew with a one-way ticket, we reversed the process. I drove with family to visit, and flew home after a prolonged stay. I was again screened thoroughly, patted down, and my purse and carry on were opened and searched by hand. I was a 50 year-old English teacher complete with a 10-year-old child on one of the trips, and still singled out. I don't think your ethnicity is the issue, but your one-way ticket may well be.

I don't know about the one-way ticket when you travel on a visa. My own travel was purely domestic. Call the airline or airport and ASK in advance so that you are properly prepared. When people come unprepared to the airport, it just slows everyone down.




Answer 2 :
Yes, they are going to wonder why you don't have a return ticket. Why don't you?

You may not even get on the plane, since if you get turned back by Canadian immigration (very possible), the airline may have to pay a penalty. In particular, you need to convince the Canadian authorities that you intend to leave at the end of your trip, and this is a lot harder if you don't have a return ticket.

Have you done much international travel?





Answer 3 :
Well I do think that you will be questioned. If you have had made previous attempts to immigrate to Canada but has been rejectedm you may not be granted permission to enter Canadian grounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

IT Tickets

AU Tickets

UK Tickets

EU Tickets

JP Tickets

ES Tickets

BR Tickets