DE Tickets

Thursday, July 29, 2010

How difficult is it to change a name on a flight ticket?

The flight ticket was purchased in my sister's name, but she cannot go, I will be taking her place, but I do not know if the ticket can be changed to my name. I am not a frequent flyer and I do not know about this stuff. Thank you



Answer 1 :
Sorry, you can't travel under someone else's name. Generally, the airlines don't allow "name changes" without a big penalty, if at all.



Answer 2 :
The short answer is Very Difficult! However, you can sometimes get lucky. Your best bet is to contact the airline via telephone, particularly if your sister travels with the airline regularly. If you contact enough people, you may find someone who will take pity on you! I think that's your best bet...



Answer 3 :
I would call the airline. Unless someone else can give you a more definitive answer than I can....

I would guess one of two things:
1) You cannot transfer the ticket (says they are non-transferrable in the contract portion of the ticket). Therefore, the ticket belongs to her. This doesn't mean unusable...what the airline usually does is lets her use it within 1 year, plus charge a $100 change fee.
2) Let you put your name on it for that $100 change fee.

My gut tells me #1 is the case, but I'm not 100% positive. Call the airline.




Answer 4 :
IT's basically impossible. call the airlines though, they may be able to help you, but i think the way it works is you would have to buy another ticket and the ticket in her name will go on her account as a credit only for her name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

IT Tickets

AU Tickets

UK Tickets

EU Tickets

JP Tickets

ES Tickets

BR Tickets